Annual Points Comp
Senior & Junior 2021 - 2022
Proudly sponsored by Waitara Offshore Fishing Club
|Angler||Snapper||Trevally||Kahawai||John Dory||Tarakihi||Blue Cod||Gurnard||Tuna||King Fish||Points|
|Cruz Hoeta J||0.78kg||0.72kg||217.79|
|Ashton Oakes J||1.31kg||1.45kg||191.93|
- Fishing season runs from the 1st of June through to the 31st of May every year.
- You must be a Full Financial Member of the Waitara Offshore Fishing Club to be eligible to enter fish into the points competition and be entitled to win one of the cash prizes.
- All fish must be caught on a rod and reel. (No nets, long lines or dropper lines) They must also comply with Ministry regulations.
- Points are awarded for fish in each species over the entire season.
- Top weights for the program are set from club records, which are set at 320 points per species.
- We have a cap on points of 350 points per species, which means one fish can't win the competition. You need to collect all nine species to have a chance.
- If you weigh a heavier fish than previously, the points are adjusted for the new weight.
- To be eligible to weigh fish, boats must depart and return through the Waitara river mouth.
- All fish caught outside of Club Competitions can be weighed in with any of the Clubs weigh masters.
- All fish caught during Club Competitions will also be entered into the Points Competition.
- All fish must be weighed by a club weigh master on land, Any fish weighed and measured at sea, must be photographed and measured on a Ministry measuring sticker.
- Both photos must be printed and presented to a Club Weigh Master with proof of date and time.
- We are also running a seperate Points Competition for the Juniors, they fish for the same nine species as the Seniors.
- John Dory
- Blue Cod
- King Fish
Cash prizes totaling $1725!
- 1st - $500
- 2nd - $300
- 3rd - $200
- 4th - $175
- 5th - $150
- 6th - $125
- 7th - $100
- 8th - $75
- 9th - $50
- 10th - $50
All fish entered in the Open Competition also goes towards the trophies and prize giving.