Annual Points Comp
Proudly sponsored by Water Tank Cleaning & Repairs
- Colin Oakes
As from the 25th of March 2020 all Club competitions are on hold due to the Country lock down. No one can weigh in fish.
|Angler||Snapper||Trevally||Kahawai||John Dory||Tarakihi||Blue Cod||Gurnard||Tuna||King Fish||Points|
|Cruz Hoeta J||0.77kg||3.22kg J||0.90kg||538.00|
|Cooper Wills J||2.03kg||2.05kg||2.15kg||477.99|
|Sophie Freyria J||1.72kg||2.39kg||0.63kg||440.00|
|Ashton Oakes J||3.83kg||2.02kg||0.33kg||408.57|
|Lennox Mabey J||2.16kg||0.72kg||369.14|
|Jacob Williams J||1.22kg||1.40kg||0.63kg||340.85|
|Toby Freyria J||1.63kg||2.48kg||299.14|
|Corban Oakes J||2.29kg||0.85kg||275.43|
|Stephen McNeill J||5.28kg J||0.38kg||266.85|
|Jackson Stewart J||0.96kg J||212.00|
|Page Mabey J||0.32kg||0.69kg||205.43|
- Fishing season runs from the 1st of June through to the 31st of May every year.
- You must be a Full Financial Member of the Waitara Offshore Fishing Club to be eligible to enter fish into the points competition and be entitled to win one of the cash prizes.
- All fish must be caught on a rod and reel. (No nets, long lines or dropper lines) They must also comply with Ministry regulations.
- Points are awarded for the heaviest fish in each species over the entire season.
- If you weigh a heavier fish than previously, the points are adjusted for the new weight.
- To be eligible to weigh fish, boats must depart and return through the Waitara river mouth.
- All fish caught outside of Club Competitions can be weighed in with any of the Clubs weigh masters.
- All fish caught during Club Competitions will also be entered into the Points Competition.
- All fish must be weighed by a club weigh master on land, Any fish weighed and measured at sea, must be photographed and measured on a Ministry measuring sticker.
- Both photos must be printed and presented to a Club Weigh Master with proof of date and time
- We are also running a seprate Points Competition for the Juniors, they fish for the same nine species as the Seniors.
- John Dory
- Blue Cod
- King Fish
Cash prizes totalling $1725!
- 1st - $500
- 2nd - $300
- 3rd - $200
- 4th - $175
- 5th - $150
- 6th - $125
- 7th - $100
- 8th - $75
- 9th - $50
- 10th - $50
All fish entered in the Open Competition also goes towards the trophies and prize giving.